Friday 24 April 2020

Ikoria hits Korea

There is surely a great bid of word play possible with Ikoria and Korea but after 7 weeks of social distancing my brain is only willing to pick the lowest of low fruit.

Korea was one of the few places to actually have a physical pre release for Ikoria but I didn't attend.

I have played the set a lot though thanks to MTG Arena and Coronavirus.
Thanks to a now fixed bug that meant pairings were always done on record with no regard to rank I spent a lot of time beating up on less experienced players. 

I made it to Mythic before Wizards pushed out an update that fixed the matchmaking. The nature of ranked is that once you find your level you should be winning around 50% of your games. If you are free to play like me that's not sustainable unless you can make up for it in constructed (shudders). So I have now witched to the best of three traditional queue where I seem to always go 2-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment